How does MicroSilver BG™ kill germs?
The germicidal action of microsilver comes from the formation of soluble silver ions on the surface of your skin. When bacteria on the skin are subject to even low concentrations of silver ions, it has the effect of inactivating key growth enzymes and causes the disruption of bacterial membranes. Clinical tests with MicroSilver BG™ have shown that pathogens are killed off without affecting human cells. (eukaryote cells).
- The antimicrobial effect of pure silver is slower and more prolonged than a sterilizer, so SilvaClear is a health and beauty aid, not a medicine. It is a natural skin cleansing cream for continuous protection and skin fitness against unwanted bacteria that we come in contact daily
- Examples of skin bacteria that are inhibited by MicroSilver BG
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Multiresistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Multiresistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE)
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus (VRE)
- Escherichia coli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (normal and multi-resistant)
- Enterococcus faecalis
- Enterococcus faecium
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Legionella gratiana
How long will SilvaClear work on my skin?
MicroSilver BG™ in SilvaClear has a sponge like structure which makes it cling invisibly to the skin. The microscopic particles will remain for hours in the tiny cracks and folds of your skin, providing continuous action against bacteria. Your outer skin renews itself approximately every two weeks.
In vivo Confocal Microscopy
(b + c) MicroSilver immediately after application of a 0.5% silver skin cream (d + e) 2 hours later MicroSilver still stays in skin folds, and at follicles of the stratum corneum. MicroSilver is much acting longer than alcohol.
Skinfolds are hotbeds of microbial growth on the skin surface. Therefore it is ideal that the MicroSilver stays there and forms a deposit.
- MicroSilver acts on top of the skin and the upper skin layers. MicroSilver or its silver ions do not penetrate the skin.
- It stays there over hours in the skin folds and has a longterm effect longer than alcohol.
- It affects the transient skin bacteria and fungal micro-organisms and supports the natural protection of the skin barrier against unwanted germs.
- The resident flora delivers a natural protection for the human skin flora. Even a prolonged use of MicroSilver does not affect that flora.
Is it safe for my skin?
MicroSilver BG™ in SilvaClear is a pure, natural silver and not a chemical. It is completely non-toxic to human cells in the concentrations being used. MicroSilver or its silver ions do not penetrate the skin. SilvaClear will leave your skin feeling softer and more comfortable
MicroSilver BG™ in SilvaClear complies with the requirements for the use in organic and natural skin care set by ECOCERT
I have heard that "nanosilver" is bad for the environment. What about the microsilver in SilvaClear?
There is a lot of controversy and scrutiny by government regulatory organizations concerning nano materials and the potential health risks that these small particles can have on both humans and other living organisms. Nano particles will penetrate skin, get into the bloodstream and be transported throughout the body. This concerns scientists and the potential risks of nano materials are under debate and review by scientists and government regulatory organizations. The release of nano materials into our waterways and the effect that these particles have on smaller living microorganisms and the possible disruption on our ecosystem is also concerning and being investigated.
A micro-sized particle is 1,000 times larger than a nano particle. MicroSilver BG™ in SilvaClear has an average particle size of 10 microns or 1,000 times larger than a nano particle.
MicroSilver BG™ is a pure silver additive that due to its large particle size completely avoids all of these issues and is totally safe for both humans and the environment.
If this a brand new product, how do I know it will work?
SilvaClear with MicroSilver BG™ has been specially designed and developed for North American lifestyles and skin conditions. It is based on more than 15 years of research and product development in Europe, where MicroSilver BG™ is included in more than 70 proven products.
MicroSilver BG™ can be found in numerous high-end European body and skin care products. For instance, it is used in tooth care products for sensitive gum and to combat bad breath. In skin creams MicroSilver BG™ helps to fight skin impurities and pimples and to moisturize dry and chapped skin. MicroSilver BG™ products are also helpful in combating dandruff as well as body and underarm perspiration.
What is the difference between SilvaClear and colloidal silver preparations?
Some competing products use colloidal silver preparations. It is important to know and appreciate the difference of these products and SilvaClear.with MicroSilver BG™
Colloidal silver, also called "silver water", has a mean particle size of around 50 nm. (are nano-sized). Other chemical-based silver antimicrobials rely on a chemical carrier material. These antimicrobials are produced by a chemical process resulting in chemical waste which is not environmentally friendly.
- Other antimicrobials penetrate the skin and harm the natural skin flora.
- Other antimicrobials are water soluble and are quickly removed via sweat
- Some "holistic" colloidal silver preparations are sold without any quality or efficacy testing. Without proper formulation and regulation, they can lead to serious health risks.
SilvaClear with MicroSilver BG remains on the surface of the skin and kills and prevents bacteria and fungus growth and promotes / strengthens the skin’s natural healing process